1) Introduction to IVR Designer - top
Open source ICTDialer also bundles with an open source IVR Designer. IVR Designer allows you to create advanced telephony systems with a simple drag-and-drop interface. The user can pick any application from the toolbar area, then drag it to the main drawing area and drop it. This will create that application at the dropped location. Its drag-and-drop interface makes it easy for users to create voice response applications in a web browser. IVR Designer's toolbar contains the applications to create an IVR. Following is a brief description of each of those application.
3) IVR Applications - top
- Call Answer:
- Call answer application answers an incoming call. However, IVR Designer does not handle inbound scenario in ICTDialer. So consider it non-functional in outbound dialer. Start application will behave as answered call in case of outbound call.
- Call Hangup:
- Hangup application forces a call to be disconnected.
- Get Input:
- Get any input request from your IVR. Press any desired input keys and then press # sign key to finish input. Also allows to select recording that should be played.
- Play Audio:
- Plays a sound file. You can use a sound files from Recording section in the settings area.
- Call Transfer:
- The Transfer application connects the active call to a specified phone number of an agent / extension. This application allows you to create interactive campaign / press 1 campaign. You can create an IVR that can play some recorded message to your customer asking him/her to press 1 on his/her phone to transfer to Agent / Extension. Once digit is pressed, your IVR can transfer that call to your agents for further processing and response.
- Call Record:
- The Record application can create a recording, which starts with a beep and ends with the user pressing '*#', or it can recording 1 minute of call. You can change these values in source code in current version of ICTDialer. Still in testing.
- Options Menu:
- Options Menus are used to gather keypad input that was collected from GetDigit application and then performs decision making work on basis of input digit. It executes only that option of the application that matches with the input digit. GetDigit is usually connected with OptionsMenu application. GetDigit takes the input and OptionsMenu processes that input.
- Answering Machine Detection (AMD):
- It detects after answering of a call whether it is Human or Machine. Then on the basis of this decision, user can perform any action. Not in working condition at the moment. Still in development.
- Do Not Call (DNC):
- DNC Application adds a number to DNC list. Not in working condition at the moment. Still in development.
- Text-To-Speech (TTS):
- TTS application allows user to enter text that will be played as sound. You can change language, voice and engine in source code in current version of ICTDialer.
4) How to Create IVR Through Web based Designer - top
(i) Navigate to IVR => Create New IVR.
(ii) Set IVR Name.
(iii) Drag and Drop Applications from toolbar area to the drawing area.
(iv) Linking one Application to other Applications.
a) Move the pointer to small rectangle at top left of Application.
b) Press, and hold down, the button on the mouse.
(v) Drag and Drop it over other Application by releasing the button.
(vi) Select the destination pointer of link that user wanted to remove.
(vii) Drag it to the source Application and drop it over the source Application. This will remove ink between two applications.
(viii) To set Application settings, click on the small pencil at the bottom left of the Application.
(xi) This will open a popup window. Every Application has different parameters settings.
5) How to use Recording Application in IVR? - top
(i) Create New IVR => Drag and Drop Recording Application to Drawing Area.
(ii) From popup window of Recording Applications Select the required recording from drop down menu and Click Apply to save.
(iii) Link Start application with the Recording application by dragging and dropping. Start applcaition link on the Recording application.
6) How to use Text to Speech Application in IVR? - top
(i) Create New IVR => Drag and drop TTS application to drawing area.
(ii) In popup window, write the text that user want to play and then click apply to save.
6) How to use GetDigit and OptionsMenu Application in IVR? - top
This IVR depicts a simple scenario where a message first will be played to the call recipient. He/She then presses some key. If keys are 1, 2 or 3. Then corresponding recordings/TTS will be played. Then call just hangs up.
We'll refer to each blue block in the image above as an "Application" and lines moving from an application to other application as "Actions". These applications are processed by ICTDialer from left to right. That means left most "Start Application" will be processed first and right most "Hangup Application" will be processed in the end.
Now let's discuss the call flow in the above scenario. As discussed above, first application that ICTDialer process in every IVR is the "Start Application". This tells ictdialer system from where to start the call after call is received by the recipient. Next Application to be processed will be the one that is linked with "Start Application". We call this as the Action. So Action of "start Application" points to "Get digit Application". This application plays a pre-recorded message that is set from the dropdown list while creating the IVR in the designer. In the meantime, this (get digit app) waits for the call recipient to enter some DTMF keys. (In this particular example, we are handling actions for digits 1, 2 and 3 only. If any other key is pressed, call will simple hangup). Now when call recipient presses some key, this will trigger Action of "Get digit Application" that points to next application i.e. "Options Menu Application".
This application simply takes the value from "Get digit App" and performs decision making that which application to execute next on basis of pressed key. You can also attach text literals to the options values that will be useful for displaying reports. For example, IVR report will show all the options of Option menu application and will also show a link. Clicking on the link will yield all the contacts who selected a particular option. In this example, if call recipient presses 1, then "Play Audio Application" will be executed that is attached against small square present in front of 1. Similarly, if call recipient presses 2, then "Play audio Application" will be executed that is attached against square present in front of 2. Similarly, if call recipient presses 3, then "TTS Application" will be executed.
If call recipient presses any other key, nothing will happen and call will simple hangup. Finally, when any of the 3 applications run, call flow will be transferred to the last application. This last application is actually "Hangup Application" that will hang up the call.
Similarly, you can create any number of scenarios and connect any number of applications together to achieve required IVR.
Note: "Get digit Application" and "Options Menu Application" should be used together in order to perform decision making in the call flow.